Re: Cutting up magazines and the beasts

bmaxey1@juno.com
Date: 02/17/01-09:39:06 PM Z

>>On the subject of books, a friend of mine from Kansas once told me the
>>easiest way to remove a page from a library book in a library without
the
>>librarian noticing it.
>>You take with you a length of string and chew it until it it is wet and
>>soggy. Then place it between the pages and close the book firmly. The
wet
>>string softens the fibres of the paper and the page can be removed
silently.
>>And a piece of soggy string can't be described as an offensive weapon
(sorry
>>Judy!!!!)

Perhaps I am a little sensitive, but why do we need to know this? I HATE
those who deface library materials, and I think only the most
contemptible people out there would even consider doing this. Just my
STRONG opinion here, but I do not believe that we need to post info about
how to do this. People on this list, I am SURE will try the technique now
that they know how to do it.

Bob!