Re: OT:Lubricating dark slides

From: Don Bryant (dsbryant@telocity.com)
Date: 03/17/01-02:39:01 PM Z

Sandy,

> Sounds to me like the slides need to be cleaned. I would not put any kind
> of lubricant around my dark slides. Have you tried cleaning with a
> degreaser?

No Sandy, I haven't lubricated with anything but I have cleaned them. Some
people on th Pure Silver list have suggested "wiping" the edges of the
slides with a household candle. Seems reasonable to me as I thought perhaps
bee's wax might do. I did mis-state my original message. The holders are
wood and plastic, not metal.

Thanks,

Don Bryant