Re: the best school

From: Sarah Van Keuren (svk@steuber.com)
Date: 03/20/01-08:20:48 PM Z

> Hi anybody,
>
> could somebody indicate to me the best school or the best university to
> learn the photography, alternative processes and others, but with a creative
> tendency, artistic and no especially cheap.
>

> Thank you
>
> marc

The University of the Arts in Philadelphia meets your requirements in my
opinion. Although I am always wishing for more for the students, we seem to
have as good a non-silver facility and program as any other school I've
visited. Non-silver is part of the printmaking area which is in the Fine
Arts department. Those who major in photography are in the Media Arts
department but are encouraged to take non-silver classes. The emphasis in
Media Arts is on fine arts photography although skills that could be of use
commercially are taught. The University of the Arts is a private school
without a huge endowment so it is not especially cheap. I appreciate the
fact that I have been able to develop my own syllabus for beginning and
advanced non-silver at this institution. There is an excellent MFA graduate
program in BookArts/Printmaking at U Arts. Many of those graduate students
work in non-silver and use it in their thesis exhibitions. Students come
from all over the world. You can learn more about U Arts by going to:
www.uarts.edu or by replying to me off list.

Sarah Van Keuren