Clearing Gum Prints

From: George Huczek (ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca)
Date: 03/25/01-11:09:41 AM Z

I finally managed to get a decent gum print, after about a month of
weekends practicing. Before framing, I need some advice on clearing.

There is hardly any visible stain on the paper, but I want the print to
last. Livick suggests a 1 minute rinse in 1% potassium metabisulfate
solution, followed by 20 minutes of rinsing face up in water. Will this
give me a decent result, without damaging the image?