Re: Potassium vs. Ammonium Dichromate (was Re: Clearing Gum Prints)

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 03/29/01-11:14:46 AM Z

On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Eric Neilsen wrote:

> Dave, It appears that your use of 10% for Potassium Dichromate and that of
> 30% for ammonium affects speed. What if a 10% solution of ammonium
> dichromate were used instead of a solution at 30%? Same speeds? or is the
> ammonium still faster at the lower concentration? ( I thought Judy answered
> this but I seemed to have deleted her message)

I found that with concentrations equal, the vaunted differences were
minimal, including for sodium di. But I ALSO found that the differences
were different with different colors, so I suspect that with this as with
so much else, there is no across the board answer. (Tho we do find these
generalizations -- gum printers know better.)

Judy