Art Center project

From: Nick Makris (nick@mcn.org)
Date: 03/30/01-08:27:59 AM Z

Hello again,

Over the last ten years I have been heavily involved in the
designing/building of the new Gualala Art Center (Northern California
coast). Take a look at www.gualalaarts.org. Read involved as volunteering
4500+ hours.

I have been asked to finalize the area dedicated to photography and to
develop a presentation on the appreciation of Alternative Photography. The
space is approximately 700 sqft and will support the inclusion of a
traditional B&W darkroom, a digital darkroom (no enlarger and only
alternative chemistry) and a fairly good sized multipurpose class/meeting
room. There will be no studio and no matting/framing facilities.

The administration of the darkroom facilities by the small clerical staff
has me somewhat concerned. Any ideas about that process would be helpful.

I feel fairly confident about designing the rooms, it's the other part that
I need some input on. I am considering using the reference "Alternative
Digitography Appreciation" and would welcome your comments/suggestions. In
particular, of the myriad of processes that are discussed on this list,
which would you include if you were undertaking this project?

More than that, how many of you would be willing to provide a sample print
and some basic text about a particular process? Remember, I am not
receiving any compensation for this.

Many Thanks,

Nick

"Your Image is Our Business"