Re: Art Center project

From: Herbert C Maxey (bmaxey1@juno.com)
Date: 03/31/01-04:04:37 PM Z

>>So what do you think is more appropriate :
>>digitography or digitalography that would mean "digital writing"?

To me, this term is hard to use. NO OFFENCE, but did you make it up or is
there a reference to it somewhere?

The Greek Definition of the word "graphy" writing or representation in a
specific and specified manner or way, or by a specified means. You must
be careful when you create a new terms. Words and definitions only become
useful when there is a clear definition of that word. New words take time
to evolve and become accepted.

Also, consider the knowledge level of the public. I wrote a letter this
morning to a friend in Canada. I could refer to ii as a 'holograph', or I
could say I send a holograph to my friend. Few people would understand
what I actually sent, because the word 'holograph' can mean 'a document
entirely in the handwriting of the author'. Most have a completely
different idea of what a 'Holograph' or 'holography' is.

Taking it further, when I post this reply, I could legitimately refer it
to a "Digital