RE: bleach etch/mordancage trial

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 03/31/01-04:08:38 PM Z

On Sat, 31 Mar 2001, Jonathan Bailey wrote:
> > 6) You do all of this by room light, correct?
>
> Yup.
>
> But then, Judy discussed at one point performing this process between the
> developer and the fix (during the original printing of the negative) - which
> I assume would mean under safe lights. Could be interesting....

Yes, under safe light... tho Judy confesses she doesn't understand the
point if the print has already been FIXED. Then what do you have left
except midtones and raw paper????

If you start with a developed but UNFIXED print, of course you get a
reversal. You could start with a positive.... or solarize as I did for a
reversal of the reversal, making a positive. If it's already fixed -- what
do you redevelop?

You mention stains. This is unfamiliar.... What kind ? On purpose for the
effect? Also "veiling"... Of what ?

Judy