Rollo-Pyro dilution matters and others

From: Manuel (punctumgt@netc.pt)
Date: 05/01/01-11:10:30 AM Z

Hello Harald,

Thanks for your words of encouragement.

Concerning your famous Rollo-Pyro formula will you be so kind to help me
with the following questions?

1-Why in "Rollo-Pyro" bottle I received from Lotus View Camera , they
refer the the solution A as "Rollo- PMK stock Solution A" and the
solution B as " Rollo-PMK stock solution B".

PMK ?!? Shouldn't be ABC + Pyro ?!

2- In" The New Platinum Print" By Richard Sullivan And Carl Weese in page
18 they refer 1:2:75 as standard dilution , but the quantities indicated
are 15ml of Rollo Pyro solution A and 30ml of solution B for 1 liter of
water which doesn't match with the 1:2:75 indicated.

In the NOV/DEC 1999 issue of Photo Techniques magazine (page 46) in the
article " Pyro development for Dual-Purpose Negatives by Carl Weese that
basically is the extracted text from the book referred above, for the
same quantities, the dilution indicated is 1.5:3:100.
Ahead in the same article (page49) in the " Film-by-film recommendations"
for the Tri-x, 1:2:75 is the indicated standard dilution !

Please help ! :-0
What is considered the standard dilution for Rollo-Pyro or ABC + Pyro ?

3-Again in the same bottle from Lotus View Camera is written :

"Mix 2 parts A+8 parts B+ 100 parts water"

If this is " Rollo-Pyro , formula according to Harald Leban " why is this
indicated dilution different?

4-Usually, I use as standard temperature for Lotus View Camera
"Rollo-Pyro" , 24° Celsius with JOBO CPP-2, because in the summer is
difficult here in Portugal to keep the water temperature lower than this
value.

How is the behaviour of Rollo-Pyro at different temperatures ? Is there
any published correction temperature curve for this developer ?

5- What agitation speed do you advise for Rollo-Pyro ?

You can relax Harald this is the last question.

6-The Rollo-Pyro I have from Lotus V.Camera is more than one year old. I've
split the the Stock solution B in several small botles to control oxidation,
but even like this, the solution turned from a light to a more dark yellow
color in the last months .
Can this oxidation symptom be enough to turn the solution useless ?

Harald , sorry for the time I'm taking from you , and thank you very much in
for your support.

Regards from Portugal

Manuel Gomes Teixeira
Punctum Studios Ltd