Re: Bostick & Sullivan Circle Jerk

From: Callie Type (kallitype@hotmail.com)
Date: 05/02/01-12:19:58 PM Z

>Hi folks,
>
>Just for fun I've added a new conference called Bios etc. Just a place for
>people to tell us something about themselves. The questions are repeated in
>the conference.
>
>Here are some ideas for starters. Of course you don't have to do all, you
>can pick and choose. Maybe even answer just one. Or add something not here.
>
>1. How long have you been working in photography? Favorite process?

8 years. Kallitype is my favorite.

>2. Influential teachers? Learned on your own?

The person who taught me the most about photography was a person that had
never touched a camera, my blind friend Leslie.

>3. Favorite photographers other than yourself?

Frederick Sommer, Walker Evans, Frederick Evans, Walker Sommer

>4. Process you'd like to learn -- someday.

Digital

>5. Most embarrassing time with a camera in your hand. And don't say you've
>never had one!

It only became embarrassing when it LEFT my hand: During a photo workshop,
I dropped a Hasselblad SWA off of a cliff in Wyoming.

>6. Worst disaster in the darkroom. You can't say you never had one here
>either!

While living in a small apartment in Duluth, I left the wash water running
and the sink overflowed. For 3 hours. The downstairs neighbors weren't
happy.

>7. Your first time shooting a nude, if ever?

Really, Dick, grow up. 10 questions, and you mention "nude" in two of them,
and infer that we all would just loooooove to be David Hamilton, in another.

>8. What photographer, living or dead, you'd like to live a week in the life
>of? (David Hamilton does not count!)

Fox Talbot

>9. Your dream camera? If you were Bill Gates, what would you buy?

If I were Bill Gates, I would buy a digital point and shoot for every man,
woman, and child in the entire world, and make available upload stations and
printers for the "processing"

>10. If you could have any person in the world as a model for a day, who?
>Portrait, nude, whatever?

George W. Bush, and I'd do the shooting with a very fine, antique intrument
made in England by Purdey.

>11. What questions would you ask here?

I would ask you at what time of your life did you first started feeling
threatened by women? Obviously, your history demonstrates you have some
baggage, here.