Gold Tone Prints (Curt-tone)

From: Harald Leban (hleban@telering.at)
Date: 05/08/01-03:56:05 PM Z

Dear alt friends ,
I have spend some days in Seattle, WA where I visited the Edward S. Curtis gallery (Flury&Comp.)
A large collection of Gold-tone images is shown at the moment and I was so fascinated by the appearence of this prints that I want to know more about this unique technique of this unique artist.

Somebody out there who can feed me with technical information about this process (also called Orotone) - need some more differentiated info on it - what I found through the search engines is only the fact that he builds up a silver image on a glass plate and backpacked it with an emulsion of gold-powder.

Thanks in advance

Harald Leban
hleban@telering.at
Austria / E.U.