Re: Uranotypes (uranium prints)

From: Robert W. Schramm (schrammrus@hotmail.com)
Date: 05/08/01-03:51:15 PM Z

Cor,

If you can figure out a way to send it, I would appreciate it. I have sent personal checks to France OK but recently tried to send one to UK and was told there was a bank conversion charge. Anyway, let me know. The formula I am using is below.

Sensitizer

           Water         16cc

            Uranium nitrate 1 gm.

Exposures are similar to platinum prints.

Developer

           Water         30cc

            Potassium Ferricyanide  1 gm

No fixer. Wash for 10 minutes.

You get red-brown prints. I have been using fairly contrasty negatives. I have been printing on Cranes Platinotype.

Good luck,

Bob