Re: Digital Negs

FDanB@aol.com
Date: 05/11/01-10:39:05 PM Z

bmaxey said in his message...

>Digital negatives are used most likely because they are
>cheaper and faster than using actual film.

Don't discount the amount of precision (handling local contrast,
correcting tonal, compositional or other flaws, etc.) that digital
control affords. The projection enlarging system is wonderful for fluid
effects like edge burns or gross area dodging but it falls far short in
other areas.

If you've seen any masterfully handled Quadtone prints made with Jon
Cone's Piezography software and Epson printers, you know that the digital
lightroom is a place of magic and possibilities that excites the
photographic soul as much as the traditional darkroom.

>I never use digital
>techniques for anything photographic that I am serious about.

I use any and all techniques for anything photographic that I am serious
about. Hard to imagine why one would choose otherwise.

Dan