Re: Digitan Negs

bmaxey1@juno.com
Date: 05/11/01-09:33:01 PM Z

>>Why generate digital negatives to print on silver gelatin paper?
Wouldn't
>>'normal', e.g. 35mm, or medium format negs print perfectly well on
>>conventional paper? I'm under the impression that (enlarged) digital
negs
>>are used primarily for alt photo processes. Am I missing something
here?

You are correct. Digital negatives are used most likely because they are
cheaper and faster than using actual film. Everyone has a printer and a
computer and it takes less effort to make them. I never use digital
techniques for anything photographic that I am serious about. The only
use I have for digital is for putting images on the web.

B.