Re: Digitan(sic) Negs 2

Ender100@aol.com
Date: 05/13/01-06:23:33 PM Z

Bob,

Have you ever seen the silver prints sold by LensWork magazine?
(www.lenswork.com) They are beauiful prints. They are made with digital
negatives from an imagesetter at a very high resolution.

Regarding the cost of having a digital negative made by a service bureau, I
don't think it is as expensive as you might think, IF you are going to make a
number of prints. Plus it does save a heck of a lot of darkroom time.

I have scanned negatives and prepared the digital files to be sent out for an
imagesetter for a local photographer. He also runs a very high quality
custom color and black and white lab. He is an excellent black and white
printer and platinum printer. He loves the negatives from and imagesetter.

I think there is room for both. For health reasons I cannot work in a
darkroom. So digital is my choice. I hope that people continue to use both
methods—or discover new methods. I'm sure glad that people continue to use
and explore and improve upon the alt processes and haven't abondoned them
because they are "old fashioned".

Mark Nelson