Re: Digitan(sic) Negs

bmaxey1@juno.com
Date: 05/13/01-09:48:47 PM Z

>>But in what cases do you have to scan an image big as a magazine cover
in
>>full resolution ? You need only to scan on a level of resolution enough
>>produce a 300 dpi image at the final format.

I don't. In fact, the original comments was regarding the comparative
quality of digital negatives and film negatives for alternative (others,
too) photo use. I only mentioned scanning because it is my way of
estimating what a high resolution will take to work with.

I'm getting all types of suggestions regarding reduction of my scan
sizes. Again, the mention of scanning was just a way to demonstrate huge
file sizes. Let me say again, I do indeed scan at low res because I have
to. I am fully aware of the trade off between file sizes and scan
quality.

B.