RE: Re: Digitan(sic) Negs

From: Keith Gerling (kgerling@ameritech.net)
Date: 05/14/01-04:25:54 PM Z

Probably not. Explain that is. Zen is hard to "explain" and Minor White
was a follower of the Zen approach to life and to photography. The "become
a camera" idea is derivative of the "become the bow" concept expressed by
Eugen Herrigel in his "Zen and the Art of Archery", of which White was a
fan.

White probably did not mean his statement to be profound, but it certainly
can be taken that way. Was something left out? Most certainly! That is
the whole purpose of Zen, (or at least a major purpose).

What this has to do with Digital Negs is anybody's guess. I use a big
camera (sometimes) and I use digital negs (often times) and certainly the
two of them are not mutually exclusive.