Re: Re: Digitan(sic) Negs

From: Thor Bols (thorbols@hotmail.com)
Date: 05/14/01-05:19:39 PM Z

>Thor,
> >
> > "Straight" Photography! That's a pretty funny comment, considering
>Minor
> > White's sexual preference!
>
>That is a very juvenille comment Thor , as I don't think Minor intended any
>sexual connotation with his statement.
>
>Good Day,
>
>Don Bryant

C'mon, Don. Lighten up! I'm gay. Minor White was gay. Its not a bad
thing to be gay, and it doesn't have to be "off limits" to make jokes about
it. As a gay man making photographs for a long time, I have stifled
hundreds of chuckles when people have made mention of my "straight"
photography. I just thought it was rather ironic.

By the way, Minor himself wasn't quoted as referring to "straight
photography". That phrase was contained in an inference by Lukas who was (I
think) interpreting, (for Judy) a statement by Minor regarding "becoming a
camera".