Big Camera Day on the Plaza

From: Richard Sullivan FRPS (richsul@earthlink.net)
Date: 05/17/01-09:14:40 AM Z

I'd just like to remind anyone here who is coming to Santa Fe for PhotoArts
or APIS that if they have a big camera that the Big Camera Day on the Plaza
is snowballing. It started out with Tom Mezzanotte and his big camera
obscura and a Polaroid 20x24. We now have a whole bunch of cameras from
20x24 planning to 4x5 showing up. So if you are planning to come bring your
camera.

It's kind of weird thinking about having all of these big cameras in one
place on a Sunday in the summer. We're planning this as a continuing
biannual event and it appears we have corporate sponsorship, at least in
2003. Santa Fe is swimming in tourists in the summer so this will be a
chance to educate the public about alt and large format photography.

The Santa Fe Plaza is the oldest plazas in the US and dates back to at
least 1605 and perhaps even earlier as Santa Fe was a settlement before its
incorporation. Santa Fe was a already busy little burg when the pilgrims
landed in Plymouth in 1620. Got a get a little chauvinism in here!

If you have any questions email me off-line.

--Dick Sullivan