Re: chemical identification

From: Harald Leban (hleban@telering.at)
Date: 05/20/01-12:54:03 PM Z

Ken,
you are able to identify the ferricyanide by mixing it with a solution of an
iron salt ( -Iron(II)sulfate for example-) - if the mixed solution gets dark
blue it was a ferricyanide . Dichromates don´t show such reaktion with iron
salts .
You can check this also with a simple iron-nail etc.. - what´s happend is
the same like a cyanotype .

Harald