Re: chemical identification

From: Alberto Novo (alnovo@inwind.it)
Date: 05/20/01-01:22:57 PM Z

If you have some ferrous salt (Fe II) at hand, mixing a solution of
ferrycyanide to a Fe II solution (or vice versa) you will obtain a deep blue
precipitate
If you have a lead or barium salt at hand, mixing a solution of one of the
previous saltsto a solution of dichromate (or vice versa...) you will obtain
a yellow precipitate. Thys reaction is typical of a chromate (pale or bright
yellow salt) and of a dichromate (orange-yellow alt), but It can be lo a
potassium, sodium, or ammonium salt...
Finnally, if hou havent nor lead, nor barium, nor fe II salts, ... find ann
appropriate way to dispose them.

Alberto