Re: On filters

bmaxey1@juno.com
Date: 05/23/01-04:11:30 PM Z

Jeffrey give good advice here. I must illustrate a problem with a
personal example. This was years ago, and I was photographing some steam
locomotives. I wanted a dramatic sky so I used a deep red filter. What I
did not realize is the red filter removed some important information from
the photograph - namely, a sign in the background that was printed in
red.

The photo turned out great except there was no sign visible.

So, when you use filters, you must not concentrate just on the effects of
the filter, but what that particular filter will do to other scent
content.

HCM