Re: On filters (and digital methods)

FDanB@aol.com
Date: 05/24/01-05:26:48 AM Z

Even though my final product is a B/W print, I now shoot only color neg
film. Since the image is going to be digitized at some point anyway, the
color tools in Photoshop provide much finer control than that of physical
filters used over the lens in the field. We can selectively filter
different areas of the image. If you want an orange filter to darken the
sky and at the same time a green to open foliage values in the
foreground, no problem (and with much greater precision than trying to
overlap two goofy half filters on the camera).

In fact, the polarizer is about the only filter whose effect can't be
duplicated in the digital lightroom.

Just thought I'd toss this in for those thinking of incorporating digital
methods in their image-making workflow!

Dan