Re: Coffee Table, quality

bmaxey1@juno.com
Date: 05/24/01-11:43:32 PM Z

>>These images were stunning; sharp, fine detail, no dots or bands,
incredible
>>color saturation. I do not know what kind of prints they were, but my
guess
>>is that they were printed onto photographic paper, possibly LightJet or
>>Direct digital. I do not know if a 4x5 piece of film enlarged to this
size
>>would look as good. Really amazing. So I think that the coffee table
book
>>is well within reason.

Perhaps, but I would argue. You describe a perfect system, with perfect
images created on perfectly expensive stuff. BTW: I have seen Leif Backs
and they are good. We evaluated Leif for our department, but without
equally expensive methods of printing those images, we decided against
it. Now, we use a cheap 2.3 Mega Pixel camera, but it works.

As for 4x5, I still think it will win. Especially against lower end
systems. the system you describe is not low end, so the
writer/photographer would have to spend lots of money to get what he
wants.

HCM