Re: Art Center project

From: Nick Makris (nick@mcn.org)
Date: 05/25/01-01:22:33 PM Z

A while back I posted about the Gualala Arts Center project where I am
building a meeting/class room and two darkrooms - on traditional and one
digital/Alt.

One of the responses I received was from Steve Shapiro (who on more than one
occasion has indicated he is going to move from his home in Carmel to
Gualala north of SF in Calif - I'll look forward to that).

Steve wrote:

> I ecourage you to think of a set of dangling light bulbs, one for B&W
> contact printing and the other with a UV bulb for other processes that
> resolve in daylight or ultra violet processes.
>
> The asset of automatic agitation trays is a must for speedily processing
> platinotypes, for example; and that's the key to a many person use of such
> room.

In looking through my collection of posts on these subjects, I found little
to go on and would like some comments or suggestions from you folks who
utilize these methods. I'm a firm believer in not reinventing the wheel.

Many thanks,

Nick