Re: Art Center project

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 05/25/01-04:14:04 PM Z

Nick Makris wrote:
> ...I am
> building a meeting/class room and two darkrooms...
> Steve wrote:
> > I ecourage you to think of a set of dangling light bulbs, ...
>
> ... and would like some comments or suggestions ...

Two things come to mind against the dangling bulb.
One: it may not provide as much intensity as a bank of lamps.
Two: it can produce a lot of stray light impacting the people and other
operations in the room.

Both these issues can be solved. However, it may be simpler to have a
bank of bulbs facing down over a platform that holds the printing frame
that is all within a space that can be closed.

A crude example is my exposure area, see the photo (from my guide) a bit
more than half way down the page at the following link:
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/guide/light_source.htm#lamps

For your purpose, it should be more rugged for the increased use and
abuse. And make the velcro two or three inches wide. And raise the
entire unit to table level to avoid stooping. If needed a small light
louvered exhaust fan and intake grill can be added for cooling and Ozone
removal (exit air to the room exhaust). I have not had the necessity
for cooling but have had ozone decay some electrical cords in the
vicinity.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/