Re: Color Negative Film question

From: Craig Koshyk (chiendog@pangea.ca)
Date: 05/25/01-10:19:15 PM Z

 Obviously, I was not suggesting that Craig use some Walmart special!

Well since I sorta started this thread I will see if I can finish up by
saying that there have been some very good arguments presented here for and
against digital capture for the book project I am working on.

As with all things of this nature the utlimate decision I make must be based
on a number of considerations. Resolution, durability, battery life, etc.
etc. are all factors. Price is also a biggy. Ultimately though I will
probably decided to stick with the system I have become very familiar and
comfortable with over the last decade or so. Ten years from now I will
probably be pretty comfortable with digital capture and will have figured
out many of the nuances of the whole digital imaging chain. For now however,
leaping headlong into a huge project such as this (I am writing the book as
well) while at the same time trying to learn a whole new instrument doesn't
seem like a great idea.

Thanks for all the great advice...

and oh ya, buy my book!

CK