Piezography Revisited

From: Nick Makris (nick@mcn.org)
Date: 05/26/01-08:41:17 AM Z

In Jan, 2001 Larry Roohr wrote on Piezography:

I've been printing Piezography for several months now and I agree with your
observations, I love this system, the prints are beautiful. I ended up here
after looking for a way to make inkjet negatives for ziatypes. The longevity
seems to depend on paper choice more than anything and certainly doesn't
compare to platinum/palladium. The inks are carbon based pigments (not dyes)
so a lot of data thats out there on pigment ink longevity applies. I'm
hopeful that someday a transparency material will appear that has density
and will hold a linear scale without extreme movements, in which case I'll
make piezo's along with zia's. In the mean time I've become proficient
enough with photoshop that I'm hooked, there's no looking back for me now.
<<<<<

Larry, some questions:

1. Are you still happy with the system?
2. What is the cost per print/neg, say 12X18?
3. Are you making negs for zia and is that also working out?
4. What about longevity; effect on the prints by the sun?
5. Are you actually selling B/W desktop prints?
6. Did you purchase the high volume reservoir system for your 1160?
7. What paper/film are you using for negs?
8. What paper/film are you using for prints?
9. Do you have any knowledge about results with other printers beyond the
1160, ie, 1520?

As an aside, check out the comparison of an epson 3000 printer output
with/without the Piezography technology - DON'T MISS THIS ONE.

http://www.piezography.com/side-by-side.html

My only other question is how does a similar result compare from some other
more lowly Epson model?

Many thanks,

Nick