GLYCIN STAINS

From: Bob Kiss (bobkiss@caribsurf.com)
Date: 05/30/01-07:33:16 AM Z

DEAR LIST,
    This may be a bit off list so please contact me directly. I have been
using Formulary 130 paper (updated version of Ansco 130) with great results
on gelatin/silver prints. It is a Metol, Hydroquinone, Glycin developer.
One batch produced uniform beige stains on my prints. I haven't had the
problem before or since but I do remember that the stock solution mixed up
rather dark indicating (in retrospect) that much of the Glycin had oxidized.
Our water has a high Calcium Carbonate content due to being from coral
springs.
    Does anyone know of something that will remove the stain without
damaging the prints? The prints have been selenium toned. Please advise.
                CHEERS!
                    BOB KISS