Piezography technical support - final thought

From: Nick Makris (nick@mcn.org)
Date: 05/31/01-11:04:14 AM Z

Regarding my investigation into the Piezography technology - two final posts
to the general tech support at www.inkjetmall.com and the responses are
found below.

The issue of refilling cartridges is important to me because there is no
continuous ink supply system for the Epson 1520. I would prefer not to
change printers at this time.

Correct me if I'm mistaken (those of you using the continuous ink supply
systems for your printers), is it not just a series of tubes stuck into the
bottles on one end and the inkjet takeups on the other, with some adhesive
clips in the middle? Anyone have a digital image to support how it works?

It is interesting to note that in my personal discourse with Jon Cone over
the holiday weekend, he failed to answer the first question below regarding
refilling cartridges (not once, but twice). This response came only after a
period of time which suggests that the response needed to be formalized -
you know, like policy making as an after thought.

BTW, I ordered the Piezography Kit for my 1520 and I intend to test it first
without changing my MIS Quadtone inks, I really want to know how much of an
improvement is associated with the plugin and what improvement may be
associated with the inks (which are atrociously expensive). I will report
my findings.

Many thanks,

Nick