Re: BLs and BLBs: The Unexpected Result!

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 11/01/01-06:55:59 PM Z

I have looked at the spectral distribution chart of the Philips
TLK40W/05 and it certainly looks like it would provide better
radiation for most of the alternative processes than the Super
Actinic. As I read the chart, the TLK40W/05 emits at between 300 and
460 nm, with the peak at around 365. Based on the chart I would think
it would have similar performance to a BL, but with the added bonus
that the TLK40W/05 is also available in high output (HO)
configuaration in both 24" and 48" size, which neither the BL or BLB
tubes are (at least to my knowledge and others will correct me if I
am wrong).

Sandy King