Re: Platinum/Paladium testing

From: Nick Makris (nick@mcn.org)
Date: 11/02/01-02:10:56 PM Z

Carl, I was hoping to catch your interest, many thanks for the response.
Your concern for the adverse affects of chlorate may be correct in some
circumstances, however consider that on other tests in this series, with
exactly the same parameters except:

One with 0 PC and 0 PT the blacks were somewhat flat.
One with 0 PC and 1 PT the blacks were also somewhat flat.

Also, since my post earlier today, I made another test in which I extended
the exposure to 7.5 minutes without getting any closer to maximum density.
This is somewhat confusing.

I also changed my developer only to find that I now have slower speed in the
sensitiser.

Could my Super Actinic bulbs be going out???? They are about 2 years old
and I probably have made less than 100 prints with them. That might account
for my unanticipated change in density - recall that I wrote:

> For no apparent reason, a specific time I was using was no longer
producing the same density

Thanks again,

Nick