Re: Platinum/Paladium testing

From: Carl Weese (cweese@earthlink.net)
Date: 11/02/01-02:38:34 PM Z

Nick,

Under normal circumstances (whatever they are) even two-three minutes
exposure to UV tubes should give a rich black tone to "border" areas. The
tubes certainly shouldn't be gone with that little use, though I'm familiar
only with standard GE BL tubes, not actinics. Something could be wrong with
the paper, the coating procedure, the humidity level you are working at,
etc, etc. IOW, it looks like there is a basic problem that has nothing to do
with the negative you are testing. How old are your chemicals, could they
have been contaminated, what coating procedure, what humidity, what paper??

---Carl

--
        web site with picture galleries
        and workshop information at: