Re: Re: large ink-jet printers

Smieglitz@aol.com
Date: 11/09/01-02:21:20 PM Z

In a message dated 11/09/2001 15:02:59:

<<> Did you use non-kryloned prints too? Were they still sticky as is
> often seen with transparency media?

Only a small corner was not Krylon sprayed. The Krylon did seem to
help, but Joe Smieglitz should be able to provide better information as
to what the Krylon does and how to best apply it.>>

I apply the Krylon as a mist from a distance of about 12 inches. After the
initial thin coat is applied, I wait for the initial coat to dry
(approximately 15 minutes but varies with humidity) and then apply a second
thin coat in a direction perpendicular to the first. Standard spray paint
technique...

It adds a distinct texture to the negative surface which is not apparent in
the final gum print. It dries hard without bleeding and sufficiently
protects the inks from abrasion.

Joe