RE: Toning with TEA????

From: John Campbell (tojohn@texas.net)
Date: 11/13/01-10:38:04 PM Z

Mark,

I am truly amazed and delighted. I'm about to run a set of POP prints and
just might give it a whirl. . . or a stir, I guess it would be.

So, what do you think-Earl Grey, or Lipton? --or maybe Luzianne? (Luzianne
doesn't get cloudy, you know.)

Seriously, I can grock the staining quality of dark teas (having offended
more than my share of fine linen at social events)-but what are the metallic
processes involved, if any? Now that I think about it, ferric oxides might
not be that far removed from the properties of tea. . . right?

Anybody have any clues? Or formulas? Or references?

And if tea, what else might be useful?

Greeting the new dawn of Primitive Processes,
--JWC