Re: kid friendly contact printing -- THANKS!

From: Eric Maquiling (eric@maquiling.com)
Date: 11/14/01-07:33:41 PM Z

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 04:41:30PM -0800, garimo wrote:

> 1, get a copy of the 'ol standard Alt handbook by Bea Nettles which has
> reliable formulas and instructions. Titled, BREAKING THE RULES - A
> Photo Media Cookbook

I'll look it up. I've been doing silver printing for a long time and used
to work in still life using large formats. Ahhhhhh, I miss 4x5's and
8x10's :(.

But I'm ready to have fun! That's what it's all about right?.

I tried thinking of how to get the kids in my old profession, now my
hobby, and contact printing sounds like it's it. Sadly, only recently
(about 2 years now), I started to appreciate the "alternative prints". It
must be my aversion to the "new" media --digital. (But I work in the
computer industry now, go figure).

I think that even if I can' afford to get a 4x5 anytime soon, I think I'll
do contact prints from negatives from my Holga.

And on that note, does anyone have a recipe to get "contact" quality negs
from Holgas. I'm still new at all the alternative process but would like
to have the negatives for future printing.

>From what I understand, I need a neg that is about 3X overdev.

Before I ask more dumb questions, I'm going to the library to get a book
on cyanotypes or alternative printing. Got a roll in my Holga now and
I'll push process about 2 stops and try cyanotypes some time next week
with them (the kids that is).

Thanks again for all your responses.

.....now to figure out how that scanner works......and Gimp on Linux keeps
crashing :(

--

Eric Maquiling Written on %100 pure, clean, recycled electrons. GnuPG pub key: 0x85C11738