RE: Pictorico, Quad tone and no spray

From: John Campbell (tojohn@texas.net)
Date: 11/16/01-10:49:33 AM Z

Nick, et al--

I don't really get the kinds of problems you folks are talking about. The
Krylon does not seem to affect image clarity that I can see. If sprayed on
in one or two fine coats there are no runs or deterioration of tonal
separation at all. And the coating is certainly much thinner than Mylar,
which is sometimes used to separate film negative emulsion from the printing
paper. I don't know where the problem could be.

And what few nozzle clogs I've experienced in the Epson 3000 with PiezoBW
have usually been of my own making (by leaving the printer on for extended
periods of time-like when I leave town for several days), and these are
easily resolved with the "Windex cure." The exception to this, of course,
is upon installation of new PiezoBW carts-it can take up to 24 hours for the
nozzles to work properly. Here again, Windex can speed up the process.

Maybe I'm missing something?