Re: the softening

From: Robert W. Schramm (schrammrus@hotmail.com)
Date: 11/22/01-12:00:35 PM Z

Judy,

Around here we use the term "coot." Thus the phrase becomes, "mysogynistic old coot." An "old coot" , of which I am one, is simply an elder individual who is not easily fooled, unimpressed by  most things, and not inclined to put up with nonsense. Coots often speak their mind loudly, in public and without reservation. I believe one cannot become a coot until he or she has reached the age of at least 60 years. Around here we reserve the term "fart" for an elder individual who is just crabby, slightly stupid and likes to comment about everything ever though their opinion are essentially mean, biased and worthless.

I guess you could decide which of these terms would best apply in this case. Perhaps your first choice is correct since, in my experience, mysogynists are more "fart" than "coot."

BTW look for a package in the mail which contains goodies from West Virginia,

Bob Schramm

Check out my web page at:
http://www.SchrammStudio.com
also look at: