EMPEROR'S CLOTHES

From: Bob Kiss (bobkiss@caribsurf.com)
Date: 11/25/01-09:10:17 AM Z

DEAR LIST,
    We get things by post a bit later here in Barbados so this may have been
discussed already. The Nov., 2001 ART NEWS article by Barbara MacAdam on
Duane Michael's Pace McGill gallery show is a hoot! I wish I were there to
see the show. The show is titled "Who is Sidney Sherman" and is a spoof on
those fine art photographers whom he considered to be "...too big for their
breeches"; needless to say with Cindy Sherman and nine others as targets. I
almost died laughing when I read his title for a very large print of a
pickle, "A Gursky Gherkin is Just a Very Large Pickle". Now THAT is drole!
    Whatever one may think of the show, it sounds like Duane had a great
time with the emperor's clothes.
    If you have seen the show, please tell me more...and read the article if
you can get your hands on it.
                        CHEERS!
                            BOB KISS