Re: Dense or Density

From: Sandy King (sanking@CLEMSON.EDU)
Date: 11/26/01-10:24:59 AM Z

Clay wrote:

>I have been advised (but haven't yet tried) that skipping the second, post
>development metaborate bath with Rollo pyro will reduce some of the high
>degree of overall staining you seem to be getting. I'm going to give that a
>shot this week now that I have some time and curiosity to do a little
>investigation into the staining problem.

I eliminated the post-development metaborate bath a long time ago
after a few simple tests convinced me that this bath primarily gives
an overall general stain (undesirable) rather than an image stain. In
other words, it adds printing density without any enhancement of
image quality.

I use rotary processing (tubes and drums) for all of my negative
processing. With staining developers I use a water stop-bath and
alkaline fixer and get a very low B+F with both ABC+ and Pyrocat-HD.

Sandy King