Agitation

jeffbuck@swcp.com
Date: 11/27/01-10:15:43 AM Z

I guess I've read enough descriptions of agitation techniques to gag a maggot,
but, being new to pt/pd, I don't believe I've ever seen one specifically aimed
at development of pyro negatives for pt/pd. As shown yesterday on the list, I
am groaning beneath the tyranny of loooooong print exposure times, and here's
another possible source of the trouble.... I'm developing PMK in trays for 12
minutes @ 70F. I shuffle the stack emulsion-side up, four cycles a minute.
If I'm doing three or four 8x10s, which is about as many as I can handle, this
amounts to more or less continuous shuffling. No problems with streaking,
occasional scratches (which I think I pick up when loading/unloading the film,
damn it), TOO LONG PRINT EXPOSURE TIMES!! Should I cut the agitation cycles
back to two a minute? Finally, I am instituting here my practice from the
LF/Berkeley website of giving prizes for the wisest and wittiest responses....
 -jeff buckels