Re: direct positive cyanotype

From: fb (archfot@mail.axelero.hu)
Date: 10/12/01-10:51:52 AM Z

Date sent: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 09:33:38 +0200
From: "alnovo@inwind.it" <alnovo@inwind.it>

> yesterday some e-mail have been sent by a mistake to the private
> addresses: this is a resume of those ones:
>
> > > well, searching the web I have found a (probably korean) page full of
> > > $#/*@!?&% characters, where among them I hope to have been
ablle to
> > > see: sol A: ferric ammonium citrate 25 g/500 ml sol B: ferric chloride
> > > 250 g/500 ml sol C: gum arabic 10 g/500 ml mix A:B:C 8:5:20
> > >
> > > develop in pot. ferrocyanide 10 g/500 ml

Alberto,

the quoted receipt is the same like the Pizzighelli's one in the Schmidt
book except the much (10x) weaker Fe amm. citrate solution. (Which
receipt has a mistake with a 0 ?)

I found the mentioned source on the web

http://altphoto.hihome.com/iron.htm

but cannot identify the language, my sw cannot decode the special
characters.

The Pizzighelli/Schmidt description content a third solution to intensify the
contrast and remove the superfluous gummiarabicum/ferriamm.citrate.

It is an diluted (1:10) HCl solution.

The recommended process in the book:

Wait with the sensitiser still become a clouded material with a butter like
consistency and brushed to the well sized paper. The fast drying is
recommended to prevent the sensitiser to penetrate to paper.

The printing out is become visible if the exposure is enough .

Fast brushing of the developer and wash with running water soon as the
picture is ready. Any reminder of the developer cam make blue spots.

HCl solution to clear and wash again and dry.

Balint Flesch