Re: my karma ran over their dogma

From: Carl Weese (cweese@earthlink.net)
Date: 10/19/01-03:35:13 PM Z

Shannon,

By now I've taught the basic craft skills of Pt/Pd printing to quite a few
people and I know that many find the prospect of hand coating quite
daunting. Some also find it hard to learn even with careful demonstrations
and coaching. But a background of "craft" or skillful handwork is really
helpful.

Two people who caught on incredibly fast were both doctors. One was a
retired professor of biochemistry who had done exacting laboratory work as
part of his daily routine for an entire career. The other was a middle-aged
family practitioner whose daily practice centered on diagnosis and treatment
of patients based on intense visual observation and manual examination. They
both got hand coating down in two or three sheets. Oh, and the third really
fast learner? Former professional dancer...

---Carl