Re: POP and finger prints

From: george logan (g.logan@bigfoot.com)
Date: 10/24/01-04:14:36 PM Z

Shannon,

  When I started using POP I was also aware of this potential problem
but have not to be honest found any problems. Just 'handle with care'
and everything should be ok. My prints are from 6x9 cm and
occasionally 5x4 inch negatives so rather small.
After printing I trim the border to approximately 5-10 mm just prior
to pre washing and toning, thus saving on exhausting the toner more
than necessary. After final wash I squeegee then place (long
fingernails help here to remove from perspex sheet I use for this) on
acid free blotting paper for overnight (usually) drying. Once dry
flattening between blotting paper in a book press.
Hope this helps and glad to hear from other POP people.

george

--
Tel:  01250 883211         Mobile:  07870742219
http://www.scottish-photography.co.uk  (George Logan)