Re: Actinic Light: The Urban Myths

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 10/26/01-10:44:11 PM Z

Hi Eric,

All of my tests were run at about 70F and 55% RH, which are my normal
working conditions year round in a climate controlled environment.
Carbon is very sensitive (in speed) to temperature and humidity, and
I suspect that Van Dyke is as well, but all of my tests are done at
or near the control temperature and RH described above.

Tell me more about the conditions of your tests with
platinum/palladium. Did you use a step wedge? How did you determine
speed and contrast? Was there a difference in contrast between the BL
and BLB tubes? Did you adjust the tests with the BL and BLB lights
for humidity?

Regards,

Sandy King