Re: BLs and BLBs: The Unexpected Result!

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 10/29/01-06:44:18 PM Z

OK, the answer is:

Yes, maybe, or no.

There was in fact a slight difference with cyanotype between the BL
and BLB tubes. With both the BL and BLB the first maximum density (20
minute exposure) was in Step #6, but the test made with the BL tube
showed just slightly more density over paper white at Step 16 than
the one made with the BLB. The difference measures no more than about
0.03 by reflection densitometer but it is visually apparent on
careful inspection.

I am going to run the cyanotype test again with the BL tubes for a
final look, even though I am now already swimming in small prints of
the Stouffer step wedge and am beginning to feel the need to get on
with other projects!!

Sandy