Re: POP choices

From: Manuel Gomes Teixeira (PunctumStudios@netc.pt)
Date: 09/01/01-03:42:57 AM Z

Sandy,

Thanks for your reply.

To be honest I didn't try this BPF with other developers beecause I was
interested in obtaining negatives that could be printed in both contact
methods Pt/Pd, Silver POP and with conventional VC paper for enlargements.
Nevertheless I was intending to use other developers than Pyro but after
reading your post I'm quite pessimistic about it.

Here in Portugal is impossible to find 5x7 sheet film from Kodak, Ilford or
Bergger. Tri-x, even abroad as U.K. (Silver Print) or Austria (Lotus View
Camera) it is not available . I suppose Kodak simply doesn't sell this size
in Europe .So the only alternatives I have is HP5 or Ortho+ that is quite
difficult to get.
I think that in a near future the only choice we will have in 5X7 will be
Bergger that will catch the abandoned customers from Kodak and Ilford, so is
is a pity that we can't make BPF to work.

Concerning HP5+ Carl Weese wrote in " The new Platinum Print":

The film retains its heavy fb+f and printing through this thick density can
result in some annoyingly long print exposures.

in conclusion: what alternatives can we have?

Greetings

Manuel Gomes Teixeira

Punctum Studios
Portugal