Re: Kodak Drops Pro Copy Film

FDanB@aol.com
Date: 09/03/01-02:23:36 PM Z

Guy said in his message...

>It is you and everyone else who abandoned it for digital who have killed it.
>I wonder what the recommended replacement will be when they drop Tmax... a
>large CCD?

OK Guy, I'll take your bait:

Whom have you blamed for the demise of wet plates and pre-coated platinum
papers? Correct me if I'm taking your "you killed it" comment the wrong
way but I can't help but think you're behaving in an historically daft
manner by making that kind of accusation.

Would you have me use methods and materials that don't serve me as well
just to prolong the availability of a film that, when you come down to
it, is departing via a process not dissimilar to Natural Selection?

Yes, it really does sadden me when ANY of our photographic options are
diminished. But that doesn't mean I'm going to start beating a path to
the past. Or maybe you still shoot your family candids with a Speed
Graphic? I'd sure hate to see those cameras become obsolete.

And damn you for not buying more RAM so the price drops even further. >;^D

Dan