Re: Kodak Drops Pro Copy Film - Loyalty

From: F. Wentzel (fotochemiker@yahoo.de)
Date: 09/04/01-02:19:43 AM Z

Don,
While what you say may well be true, I disagre with
your attitude about this matter.

Are you knocking Loyalty, Commitment and "The Customer
Comes First" philosophy which has given so much
intangible QUALITY to our daily lives? Your words
reminds me of one of the 'bad world' senarios
portrayed in "Back to the Future".

While we can't do everything for everybody, Loyalty is
an honorable and desirable trait and even if you
belive that "No company, including Kodak, has a
responsibility to continue ANY product if they can
make a higher rate of return for their shareholders.."

I think it is true that your vision of Capitalism is
excessively cold and undesirable. It IS our world...
and we can make all of our lives more pleasent by
taking a slightly less selfish attitude.

Even just a little.

And your assertion may have legal implications, too. I
belive that there have been cases where a company may
be found obligatied to its customers... for a certain
period of time, at least.

If we want a better world, we need to be better
people!

Fritz