Re: Resinotypes and new work added

alnovo@inwind.it
Date: 09/04/01-08:06:08 AM Z

> Alberto Novo wrote:
>

> >On 08/03/01-05:34:40 AM Z Malin Hylen wrote:
> >>Dear all,
> >>I have recently had a request from a photographer to add his work to
> >>http://www.cyanotypes.com. He works in a process called 'Resinotypes' I have
> >>never heard of this process before, and the only thing a search on the
> >>internet comes up with is that it is a process used mainly in Italy and
> >>invented around 1920. Does anyone of you know any more about this process?
> >
> >No replyes confirms that this process did not spread out of Italy.
> >These are some notes on it, also if I never tried to apply them.
> >However I personally know a couple of photographers in Italy that
> >produced some "resinotypes". The appearance of the prints is
> >"earthy".
> >
> >The features of the resinotypic process, invented by Rodolfo Namias,
> >can be found in a book titled "Resinotipia", Progresso Fotografico
> >ed., Milano Italy (3rd edition: 1927).
> >

> It is not entirely accurate to state that Resinotipia did not spread
> out of Italy. In fact, it was fairly well-know in Spain during the
> 1920s and 1930s, in large measure because of the wide-spread
> popularity of Rodolfo Namias' works in Spanish translations. I don't
> have on hand a list of the photographers of the period who worked in
> "Resinotipia" but there were certainly quite a few, although it never
> attained in Spain the popularity of such processes as gum bichromate,
> oil and bromoil.
>
> Sandy King
>

> --

I am ever synthetic when I post a message. I should hawe written "probably did not ..."
The fact is that the search on Internet of all the possible variants of "resinotipia" (resinotype, resintype, ecc.) returns only Italian pages.
However, at present this technique has few applications also in my country.

Alberto